Hey there new friend! I’m Kelly and I am thrilled you stopped by! Why don’t you grab your favorite beverage and stay a while?
Most days you can find me doing creative things behind a computer monitor at my 9-5 graphic design job. But when I’m off the clock, I’m all about hanging out in our empty nest along Florida’s Gulf Coast with my retired Marine, Chris, and our two fur babies.
To my family and friends I am mostly known for always having a camera in my hand snapping photos of this, that and the other thing, cooking meals large enough to feed an army, and being a morning person…even on the weekends. I’m just not a sleeper-inner. And because I love to cook, entertain, and always on the lookout for a good craft project, people have often referred to me as “Martha.” But lately I have been channeling my inner Chip and Joanna into some small renovation and redecoration projects around the nest. Ha!
My husband is my rock. Our adult children and daughter-in-law, are my world. And my friends are always there to call on for wine and dark chocolate when needed. I am so blessed that those who surround me are supportive of my obsessions in all things Apple, anything colored pink, my non-stop photo-taking when we are all together, and, most importantly, they will kill the occasional spider or palmetto bug that makes its appearance in the house.
In addition to the love I have for my family, friends, and fur babies, I have this crazy-insane passion for documenting my photos and stories using mobile apps and turning them into scrapbooks for family & friends or pieces of home decor. I may have a 9-5 job, but teaching others how mobile apps can be used for memory keeping is my jam. It’s where my real passion lies. I love sharing my knowledge of mobile apps, design tips/tricks, my workflow, and inspiration with my students. I get such a rush when I see others embrace today’s technology in order to preserve their memories for tomorrow. It makes my heart so happy.
As a memory keeper I’ve had the privilege of being a member of Becky Higgins’ 2015 Project Life Creative Team, was a guest panelist on The Paper Clipping Roundtable, and on occasion have written several guest blog posts for other scrapbook bloggers.
When I’m not working or developing classes you can catch me:
- Sailing or paddle boarding in Tampa Bay with Chris, and once in a while, Zoe (our yorkie).
- At the gym, on a run, or practicing yoga.
- Swiffering the fur from the floor our lab mix, Baron, leaves all over. It’s a never ending battle. I really need to get a Roomba.
- Soaking up the sun (with 50 SPF on, of course) somewhere on a beach.
If you are dying to hear more, here are 5 things you may not know about me:
- I am learning how to brew my own kombucha, and loving the process.
- Although I like bananas, I can’t stand anything banana-flavored.
- At some point in the future we plan to live part of the year on a sailboat.
- I once visited Chernobyl when we lived in Ukraine.
- Anything Italian, seafood, red wine, vintage Hollywood, silver jewelry, and dark chocolate are just a few of my favorite things.
Still here? Want to join in me for another cup o’ something? Then let’s connect soon! I will be sending out emails periodically with freebies, information on the mobile apps I use, memory-keeping tips & tricks, my favorite recipes and other fun projects!